Friday, June 5, 2009

Rock Art - part 2


Well, amazingly enough, we've had a lot of attention from our rock art. The local newspaper did a full page story on our rock animals and how we got started doing it. Since then I've commissioned to do 7 pieces. I just finished a honeybee and honeycomb for a local honey business. The wings are made of tupperware and flap in the breeze making it look like it's flying. I'll be doing a skunk and beaver next and then I'm off to upstate NY to paint a large boulder in a relative's yard. It looks like a sleeping dragon to me so that's what I will paint it. I'm making the wings out of old sleds. The person wants it to be "pretty" though so I'll be making it a pink and lavendar lady dragon. Might be pretty cool. The rock is curled around a tree so it's got potential.

Another personal project of mine is that I want to practice my column writing. It's been a few years since I've done that type of writing since I've been busy with my scripts so I'm a bit rusty. If it works out maybe I can talk my boss into letting me try one for the paper. I like reporting on my small town human interest stories but a column would be cool. Maybe I'm a budding Erma Bombeck and just don't know it yet. Well, a trashy mouthed, sarcastic Erma perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the bee! So cute. You guys are so creative. I just dug out the paper and found the story on you guys (and the quote about Wild Bill's) That place rocks. You're right, that paper needs a column....something regular that readers can look forward to on a weekly basis!

    ReplyDelete